5 Year Old 16.1 Shagya Stallion

Monday, September 25, 2006


Erik in Montana
Leaving for Grass Valley, CA at 6am on 9/25/06
Buying a horse over the internet gives you lots of time to think about if "you have done the right thing" Even though I have had some expert help in evaluating gates, looking at conformation, xrays etc.. when you have not seen the horse in person you still have that hole in your stomach feeling. As I was looking for transportation for Erik back to my ranch I recieved the following email....
Chris, Small, small world! The trainer (Malika) is also a very good friend of mine. I take lessons from her in the winter when I have time. She is the one that called me on this horse last spring so I went to look at him from her recommendation. I was actually looking at him for Valerie Kanavy but she thought he was too big (she didn't see him, just pictures and from what I said). I told Doris he was a very nice horse, and may be suited for endurance. Although I wasn't sure at the World level because of his size but there are so many unknowns with horses that you don'tknow till several years down the road. He is very athletic, graceful, and just an impressive looking fella. Very nice disposition too. Did you have Leroy vet him (I worked for him for over 18 years and still take my horses over there-150 miles from me!)? If Leroy vetted him, he is probably the best vet I have ever been around in all my travels. Really knows what he's doing. Keep me posted on his progress.
Suzanne
The vet that did your pre-purchase on Erik was Leroy Hoversland, DVM andhe was the vet I worked for many years ago (and whom I still use for myendurance horses). He is excellent so you can have confidence on his findings. I have some pictures I took of Erik and have sent one of them along. I have several more of his feet, legs, etc. Again, good luck and keep me posted on his progress.
Suzanne
These emails from Susanne made my day..............................................................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home